Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), Pune
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT) is a Private Institute located in Bibwewadi, Pune (Maharashtra) that was established in the year 1983. The Institute is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University and offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. Admission to certain courses will be on the basis of Entrance Exams – JEE Main / MHT-CET (B.Tech), GATE / MHT-CET (M.Tech), MAH-MCA-CET (MCA).
7 acres (Academic Area)
10 acres (Hostel and Ground)
03 (Boys Hostel)
02 (Ladies hostel)
How to Reach
1,449 Km from New Delhi Railway Station
18 Km from Pune Airport
10 Km from Pune Railway Station
Body / Magazine
For Direct Admission through Management Quota Call @+91-9845982601
The Institute offers Placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in their respective course.
VIT Pune Courses and Admission
VIT Pune offers ten Disciplines at the Undergraduate level, seven disciplines at the postgraduate level and six disciplines at the Ph.D. level. The University also offers MCA as a separate program at the PG level.
VIT Pune B.Tech Admission
Admission to the B.Tech program is made on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Selection will be made on the basis of marks secured in JEE Main Entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
VIT Pune M.Tech Admission
VIT Pune offers seven specializations under the M.Tech program and the candidates applying must hold a B.Tech / B.E. degree with Minimum 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in aggregate. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam. The final selection will be on the basis of GATE score acquired by the candidate and previous academic performances.
VIT Pune MCA Admission
The Institute offers MCA (Master Of Computer) program at the Postgraduate level. Candidates applying for these courses must hold BCA or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% (Mathematics in 12th is Mandatory) from a recognized Institute/University. Selection of the program will be on the basis of marks obtained in the Maharashtra MCA Common Entrance Test (MAH-MCA-CET).
VIT Pune Ph.D. Admission
VIT offers Research Program (Ph.D.) under Six specializations. Candidates applying for the Ph.D. program must hold a Master’s degree in the respective discipline. Selection will be made through a written test followed by a personal interview. After Selection a Merit List will be prepared to keep in mind the marks obtained in the written test, qualifying examination and personal interview.
VIT Pune Facilities
- Internet Lab: Internet Facility is available for students and staff members. Wi-Fi facility is available within the campus.
- Library: The central library of Vishwakarma was established in 1984 and since then provides with physical and intellectual access to information. The library consists of the Reference Section, Journal Section, Reading hall, and Stack-Room. The library has a unique collection of Encyclopedia, Handbooks, Textbooks, Journals, Video Cassettes, CD’S, Video Courses, etc.
- Medical Facility: Doctor from Chintamani Hospital visits the campus daily and performs an initial check-up of students and staff.
- Parking: Separate parking for students, staff, and four-wheelers is available.
- Auditorium: Fully Furnished AC Auditorium with a seating capacity of 700.