Christ University, Bangalore
CHRIST (Deemed to be University) was born out of the educational vision of St Kuriakose Elias Chavara, an educationalist and social reformer of the nineteenth century in South India. He founded the first Catholic indigenous congregation, Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), in 1831 which administers CHRIST (Deemed to be University).
Established in 1969 at Christ College, it undertook path-breaking initiatives in Indian higher education with the introduction of innovative and modern curriculum, insistence on academic discipline, imparting of HolisticEducation and adoption of unlimited higher education practices with the support of creative and dedicated staff. The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India conferred Autonomy to Christ College in 2004 and identified it as an Institution with Potential for Excellence in 2006. In 2008 underSection 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, the Ministry of HumanResource Development of the Government of India, declared the institution a Deemed to be University, in the name and style of Christ University. One of the first institutions in India to be accredited in 1998 by the NAAC, and subsequently in 2004 and 2016,CHRIST (Deemed to be University) has the top balustrade ‘A’ in the 4-point scale.
The multi-disciplinary University which focuses on teaching research and service offers Bachelors to Doctoral programs in humanities, social sciences, science, commerce, management, engineering, education, and law to over 21000students. The campus is a living example for harmonious multiculturalism with students from all the states of India and around 60 different countries. CHRIST (Deemed to be University) six peer-reviewed publishes research journals and has published more than 300 books in Kannada and English. A promoter of sports, music and literary activities, it is a nurturing ground for creative excellence.
Affiliations, Recognitions, and Achievement
- Christ University is a private University and it has been declared as a Deemed to be University by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India in the year 2008.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India declared the institution a Deemed to be University, in the name and style of Christ in the year 2008.
- In 1998 NAAC has accredited this institution and it is one of the first institutions in India to be accredited by NAAC.
- This University has the top grade ‘A’ in the 4 point scale of the NAAC.
- Christ University has published more than 300 books in Kannada and English and it publishes six peer-reviewed research journals.
- Christ University is considered as one of the top institutions for management courses in various verticals like finance, marketing, operations, human resource etc. The duration and the eligibility of the courses vary by the course which is chosen by the candidate.
- During the period 1996 to 2000, for the period of 4 years, the Christ University Bangalore campus has consecutively won the best campus award from Urban Art Commission of Bangalore.
Ranking and Reputation
- India Today has ranked Christ University 1st in BBA.
- This University is continuously ranked among top organizations as it provides a good curriculum, fantastic campus and required essentials and creative and innovative staff.
- For the quality education provided by this institution, it is accredited first of its kind in the state by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council i.e. NAAC UGC.
- In 2017, India Today-Nielsen survey has ranked CHRIST (Deemed to be University) among the top private universities in India.
For Direct Admission through Management Quota Call @+91-9845982601
Placements at Christ University, Bangalore
BBA Courses & Fees Structure
B.Com Courses & Fees Structure
LLB Courses & Fees Structure
There are a number of auditoriums in the University which have a large seating capacity with all modern amenities, barco and barco-lighting projector/camera.
The classrooms are spacious and equipped with latest audio-video equipment which facilitates interactive and modern learning and teaching.
Each department has its own set of laboratories which are well-equipped for good practical learning along with theoretical learning.
There are a number of refreshment stalls in the University which serve to different needs of the University Community at reasonable prices.
There are separate hostels for girls and boys. Girls hostel has accommodation capacity of 323 while boys hostel has accommodation capacity of 390. Each hostel has facility like recreation hall, prayer hall, study hall, gymnasium, solar powered water heaters etc.
The University has 7 basketball courts, 2 football/cricket field with 400 mm track, 3 throw-ball courts, 2 volleyball courts, 1 hockey field, 2 cricket net practising areas and 1 floodlit tennis court.
The University has 5 libraries. Each library is very well-stocked. All the libraries have a good collection of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, journal archives etc. The libraries can accommodate more than 1000 students and have facilities like internet and Wifi services, symposium halls for group discussion, locker facility, computer lab, reprography facility, current affairs section etc.
The University provides medical facilities to students and staff. There is a medical centre in the campus with qualified and experienced doctors and nurses. 24X7 ambulance service is provided.